Thriva is the UK's leading diagnostics business and we’re on a mission to help millions of people worldwide become actively invested in their long term health, through using health insights to help them thrive.
Our consumer business is for everyone who wants to improve and understand what is happening inside their bodies. From taking a home test to getting actional results and GP advice all through a website and app.
Our B2B business, Thriva Solutions offers health services and provides a full end to end diagnostic service (DAAS). We offer speed, reduced risk and scaling of diagnostic capabilities for partners who work with us. We’re building a new category in the market and would love for you to come on this journey with us.
We're looking for a GP Lead to become an integral part of Thriva's Clinical Team. In this role, you'll report directly to the Medical Director and play a crucial role in guiding clinical governance and managing daily clinical operations. Additionally, you'll be instrumental in expanding our newly launched medication-supported weight loss service. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following areas:
Governance, Quality and Regulation:
- Work collaboratively with our regulatory team to ensure compliance with the CQC framework, aiming to achieve 'Outstanding’ status.
- Lead the development and implementation of a robust strategy for Clinical Governance, with a focus on risk safety and quality.
- Oversee quality improvement activities to ensure that customers and partners receive the highest standard of clinical service.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure our technology platform meets internal requirements and external regulatory standards
- Oversee the day-to-day effective running of our clinical service (both D2C and B2B2C)
- Drive efficiency improvements in the clinical operations to allow us to scale effectively
- Provide Online Clinical Care (estimated up to 20% of your time)
- Provide clinical cover approx 1 in 4 weekends. This entails being at your desk for a maximum of 1 hour on a Saturday and Sunday, and being available for calls in case of emergency (extremely rare).
- Manage our network of remote GPs.
- Oversee the training, professional development, and performance review of clinicians
- Provide ongoing clinical support and ensure the highest clinical standards are upheld
Ideally you’re a Qualified GP with experience in the NHS
- You will need to retain your licence to practise with the GMC
- Experience in UK telehealth regulatory landscape
In addition to these, the following would be beneficial for this specific role:
- Experience working in a startup or private sector
- Qualification in patient safety, Clinical Governance
- Special interest in weight loss, with experience of previously delivering weight loss solutions in a UK telehealth business.
We welcome candidates looking to work 4-5 days a week at Thriva, and are happy to allocate some time away from the role to allow you to maintain your clinical practice.
How we work:
We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Enhanced parental leave 🐥
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
Climate perks programme 🌍
- 12 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!